Lyn Romeo took up her post as Chief Social Worker for Adults in September 2013.
Previously, Lyn worked as the Assistant Director for Adult Social Care in the London Borough of Camden. She has also worked as an inspector with the Social Services Inspectorate, as well as working in Yorkshire for over 20 years as both a field social worker and in a variety of management roles across children and adults.
As Chief Social Worker for Adults, Lyn works collaboratively with the Chief Social Worker for Children and Families. Together they work from the Office of the Chief Social Worker to:
- support and challenge the profession to ensure that children and adults get the best possible help from social workers
- provide independent expert advice to ministers on social work reform, and the contribution of social work and social workers to policy implementation more generally
- provide leadership and work with key leaders in the profession and wider sector to drive forward the improvement and reform programme for social work
- challenge weak practice to achieve decisive improvements in the quality of social work
- provide leadership to the network of principal social workers